Because the Owen County Family YMCA realizes that it is never too late to improve your health, the SilverSneakers Fitness Program has recently been added to help seniors get the physical activity they need to be healthy and stay independent. The SilverSneakers Fitness Program offers an innovative blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyle, and socially oriented programing that allows older adults to take greater control over their health.
SilverSneakers Class meets 10:15-11:00a M/W
SilverSneakers membership is included as a benefit in many Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage health plans. Advantages of SilverSneaker membership include:
- fitness center membership to any participating location across the country.
- customized SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- a specially trained Program AdvisorSM at the YMCA to introduce members to SilverSneakers and help them get started
- member-only access to online support that can help members lose weight, quit smoking or reduce stress
The SilverSneakers Fitness Program is offered by leading Medicare health plans and Medicare Supplement carriers throughout the country. Seniors can find out if their health plan or Medicare Supplement carrier offers SilverSneakers or find a participating health plan by calling 888-423-4632(TTY:711) or visiting www.silversneakers.com.