A Healthier You in 2019
Get Fit Calendar 2019
January 2- 31
January 2-March 22
January 2, 3 or 7
Monday, January 7
Monday, January 7, 6:30 pm
Appointments Available with Hannah Helton, RD
January 14- March 11
Monday, January 14, 6:30pm
Friday, March 22
About the Challenge
Lose 5% or more of your body weight over the 12 week period and receive a $20 gift card and, if your team averages a loss of 3% or more, a chance to win $200 or $100 cash prizes.
- weekly weigh-ins each Monday 6:00am-6:00pm
- unlimited January adult group exercise classes OR a session with a trainer for your team
- opportunity for individual counsel on diet
- diet and nutrition meetings
- support from your team and YMCA staff
- ALL participants must complete and sign the team enrollment form, as well as provide the contact and personal information.
- If your team would like to meet with a trainer, please name a team captain that can schedule the appointment at the initial weigh-in. Bring your Get Fit Folder and its contents, including the completed Health History Participation Form with you when meet with the trainer. All Get Fit trainer appointments must be scheduled before January 31.
- Please provide a team name that is appropriate at the time of registration.
- All Challengers MUST WEIGH AT THE YMCA ANYTIME 6:00 am – 6:00 pm, JANUARY 2, 3, or 7.
- Read this information sheet, “Get Fit Calendar 2019”, “Tips for Setting Your Wellness Goals”, “Portion Size Guide”, and “Policy for Training, Coaching and Orientation Appointments”. Complete and sign “Health History Information Form”. Complete “Building Smart Goals” and bring it with you if you meet with a trainer or dietitian.
- Begin tracking your food and drink consumption and exercise with the enclosed “Daily Food and Activity Journal” or on www.MyFitnessPal.com. If you opt to use the paper journal, you have been provided with 2 copies. Please make additional copies as you will want to continue journaling throughout the Challenge for best results.
- Challengers must weigh on March 22, anytime 6:00 am – 6:00 pm for the Final Weigh-in, to be eligible for individual gift card or cash prizes. If you will be unable to weigh on March 22, please contact Program Director Laura Gentry to weigh prior to March 22. (812)828-9622,ext.21
- Only teams that have all members weigh at the Final Weigh-in and average at least 3% loss, will be eligible for the $100 and $200 prizes. Only those team members who have lost at least 5% will be entered in the drawing for cash prizes.
- Reminder: Because of the nature of a challenge, all fees are non-refundable.
Teams are comprised of 1 to 3 adults. Enrollment is open now at the Owen County Family YMCA. All teams must be enrolled no later than January 8, at 6:00pm. Teams are encouraged to enroll early so they can begin participating in all the program offers.
All challengers must weigh-in on January 2, 3, or 7, anytime between 6:00am and 6:00pm.
Registration: Team of 1: $55 Team of 2: $90 Team of 3: $120