YMCA Member Code of Conduct
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe, caring, healthy and respectful environment for all members and guests. To promote these values, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are using our facilities or participating in our programs.
Our Member Code of Conduct dictates positive interactions with others, language free of anger or vulgarities and with actions at or above a generally accepted standard of conduct.
The following conduct can lead to suspension or termination of membership:
- Inappropriate attire
- Physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening manner
- Angry or vulgar language including swearing, name calling or shouting
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person
- Harassment of intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property belonging to members, guests, or the YMCA
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals, tobacco or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles or at YMCA sponsored programs
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature
The protection of our members and guests participating in our programs and/or using our facility is of paramount interest of the Owen County Family YMCA. The staff reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who violates the member code of conduct.